Monday, November 4, 2013

The Grand Re-opening of FlawlessImperfections with Co-authors

Well, as I mentioned last week, I am “re-opening” FlawlessImperfections, the blog. For those of you who don’t know me, my name is Jamie Lightner and I am a Life Coach with TurningLeaf Wellness Center. As a life coach I help others move forward and take the steps they desire to take, to go where they want to go. Along with that I also teach a Value Based Parenting course called “Grounded for Life!” You can find more detailed info on all this at my website FlawlessImperfections.com. What I really want to talk about today is how excited I am for the changes to come to my blog. · I am planning to feature some guest writers and have them share their own personal adversities and what gave them inspiration. · I am adding “For Sale Fridays” in which I will share some Value Based Parenting tools from the “Grounded for Life series. So in those moments when you think selling your kid on ebay is your only option email me a question and I will do my best to help you post pone the sale. (jamielightner@yahoo.com) · And then of course my sister Jessica Warren is joining me as a co- author. Here is a little bit about my sister, Jessica in a nut shell….. She is amazing to say the least. She is strong, funny and has a laugh to brighten your day. She is kind but very protective of those she loves. As a kid she was outgoing and care free. During my middle school years, I actually worked to adopt her carefree personality. I’d say my only complaint I’ve ever had about her is from our kidhood. My mom would fold our laundry and put it into separate piles for us to put into our drawers. A few days after laundry day my sister would come downstairs wearing one of my shirts. Of course this annoyed me and I would say, “Jess you are wearing my shirt!” And she would flippantly respond, “It was in my pile.” I would argue with her that she knew very well it was mine and mom had simply made a mistake, and the proper course of action would be to return it to me rather than put it in HER drawer. But nope, right up to the day I did my only laundry I heard, “Well, it was in my pile.” However, aside from her criminal past of “clothes theft”, she is absolutely amazing. I gotta say, when we were kids, laughing and playing, and our biggest concern was who got the bigger brownie, I never thought I would be watching her face chemotherapy for her 3 year old son. As heart wrenching as it is her faith and strength has amazed me. I hope her stories, her strength and her tears help you with some of the challenges you may be facing as well. Be sure to read her post tomorrow!

1 comment: