Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Perfect Day

I woke up this morning to the birds chirping and the sun shining through my window. My kids popped right out of bed when I woke them up for school, and they were so polite to each other at the breakfast table. And then they each gave me the sweetest kiss on the cheek as they walked out the door five minutes early. Bo listened so well today. After I put the turkey in the oven, we went for a stroll through our hayfield looking at the grasshoppers and butterflies. Later I picked up the kids from school and no body fought over the front seat or complained about who was touching who on the way home. When late afternoon arrived and it was time to prepare dinner, Bo sat at the kitchen table and colored in his coloring book. I could see his halo glistening above his head. My older kids ran to do their chores and even did a few extras. They said they thought I worked hard enough and just wanted to help me out cause they love and appreciate me so much. I strapped on my apron and prepared mashed potatoes and homemade gravy. And thought I would throw some homemade chocolate chip cookies together since everything was going so smoothly. Then just in time the turkey thermometer popped and the turkey was as pretty as if it was Thanksgiving. Just as I was putting the turkey on the table with the rest of the prepared food my wonderful husband walked through the door. He smiled at me with a twinkle in his eye, kissed my cheek and pulled flowers out from behind his back. He said I was the greatest wife ever and he was giving me the night off tonight. The kids cheered in agreement. They all volunteered to clean up after dinner so I could relax. That evening we all sat on the couch reading Dick and Jane laughing together at the funny stories. Then off to bed the kids went and just as I was about to kiss their little angelic faces, “BEEP, BEEP, BEEP, BEEP, BEEP!!!” I flung my arm over and slammed down the snooze button on my alarm.

1 comment:

  1. Jamie, I was with you all the way up to the part where Mike said you are the greatest wife in the world. That was the point at which I realized this must be a joke or dream...because MY Wife is the greatest Wife in the world!

    ReplyDelete