Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Precious Moments

At about 5 am I woke up to the sound of my four year old breathing his sweet tiny breaths next to my ear, and his squishy little arm and his puggy little figures lying across my chest. I remember him crawling in bed sometime earlier and had since fallen back to sleep. I don’t sleep with my kids regularly because I don’t sleep that well when they are in the bed with me. But here and there I trade a few restless hours for such a precious moment. When he came into my room he left the door open allowing the hall light to spill into my room, gently lighting up his adorable features. Still groggy, I just soaked up the peaceful moment thanking God for the adorable little blessing lying next to me. I just stared at him, allowing the moment to be imprinted on my heart and carried with me forever. These are precious moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment