Thursday, October 18, 2012

A day at Meijer with Bo

After talking with some fellow moms today, I thought it was time for a re-post....this is actually my very first post that got my blog going... Bo was in one of his “have be the boss, and drive my mom crazy” moods. I was pushing my cart in Meijer holding my list and pen in hand. He kept trying to take my list out of my hands and then would of course go after the pen. At first I would just pull my hand away, but then as you may assume the cart doesn’t get very far down the isle unless your hands are pushing it. So I usually cave and just give him the list and pen, in hopes of just finishing my shopping and getting out of there. Later I look down, Bo with Pen in hand is now drawing on his arms. I snatched the pen away and then came the screaming, then the hitting and of course the stares. I grabbed Bo’s hand to keep him from hitting me, he screams louder, I let go he hits me. Once again I feel there is know ‘win/win” situation. For me anyway, he is obviously “winning” at something no matter what I do. Later after the feud had calmed, the groceries began to pile up. Bo saw this as an opportunity to better familiarize himself with the concept of gravity, and he would reach back and toss items out of the cart. I would say “no Bo”, and as I was bending over to pick an item up I would hear another hit the floor. It had become a game of fetch. By this time I am ready to take the frozen pizza box he through out of my cart and wop it over his head. I figured a little induced coma might speed up my shopping trip. I refrained from such action. I wouldn’t want social services to get the wrong idea. I do love him, he is just incredible annoying in meijer. He finally stopped throwing various items out of the cart and I was able to resume shopping. I headed for the school supplies. Trying to stick to a tight budget I had to search for a moment for the best deal. As I was staring at 3 ring binders, wondering to myself, why are the girly ones on sale when I have a Boy. My annoyance with Meijer was soon interrupted by another fellow shopper who had stopped to say, “um, is he supposed to be opening your markers. I looked and Bo and saw he had ripped the maker package and was throwing the markers on the floor, being sure to remove the cap first. Oh my gosh, I was so frustrated. I frantically picked up the markers off the floor and pried the remaining 2 out of his hand. I am done. We were on our way out. My son was again screaming because he was mad, and I was now creating a scene. People were turning their heads to see whose screaming child was coming their way. And all I could think was “it was mine” I was so embarrassed. I will definitely be calling Dean. I had an appointment with him the next day, and if I didn’t find answers I was contemplating ebay. Ha ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment