Wednesday, January 8, 2014

New Years resolutions...I'll just use last years list

Happy New Year!!! My sister and I have been enjoying our extended Christmas break, but pretty sure life goes back to normal tomorrow. The last few weeks have been eventful, beginning the break with no power for 3 days, followed by an ER visit with Zayne, and the Grand Finally of a blizzard, and the tractor broke on day one of the 3 day disaster. Now with roads plowed and school starting in the morning, so life begins again in a new year. Jess and I have been putting the blog stories together. We have lots planned, some updates on Zayne and our lovely Christmas Eve in the ER, and more flash backs of his story to fill you in on the beginning of our journey. Tomorrow we start you off with a comical story of Jess mine adventure out without the kids. Yeah, unfortunately we don't need our pile of offspring to make a scene. But tonight I leave you with a re- run. It was my New Years Post from last year. And I figured since I still hadn't achieved them, why not use the same list. lol New Year’s Resolutions????? So every year like everyone else I usually try to think of a couple New Year’s resolutions. Nothing to dramatic, just something to keep me focused on growing and moving forward in my life. Well this year I came up with… Eating Healthy Exercising Regularly Keeping up on the house cleaning Not yelling at the kids anymore Not getting snippy with my husband Well, I got snippy with my husband about the 55 football games he has been watching over the past 3 days, I yelled at my kids this morning. As I am writing this story, my kitchen looks like dinner blew up in it and there is a pile of unmatched socks at the foot of my bed that I have been adding to all of Christmas break, but who knows if I wait long enough it will probably disappear because that is where everyone is going to get there socks for the day, seeing that there are none left in their drawers. And as far as exercising goes, well other than the walk up the stairs I take before I lie down to take a nap, not much. And eating healthy, hmmmmm, let me put it to you this way…Last night I made myself sick, literally stomach gurgling sick because I ate a half a bag of those candy cane Hershey kisses I got in the half off bin at Meijer. So yeah, as I look over my list of resolutions I think to myself…nahhhhhh, there is always next year right? Lol

No comments:

Post a Comment