Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Savoring the Moments!-Jessica Warren

I woke up to Zayne crawling into my bed. I had no clue what time it was, all I knew was it was still dark. He pulled the covers back and pounced into bed like a big clumsy troll. I could hear the sound of him sucking on his bink. He snuggled in…pulling the covers up to his chin. I was lying on my side facing him. He rolled over to face me. He kept scooting until his forehead nuzzled against my nose. I could feel his frizzy curls tickle my cheeks. I couldn’t help but smile. His little hand reached for mine under the covers. In seconds he was sound asleep and I was left with this precious, priceless moment. I laid there simply soaking up the feel of him. Telling myself not to think about the situation we are in but to just enjoy this moment. This moment he is simply my little boy wanting mommy snuggles. Every time my mind went to wondering if his stomach was bothering him or if he had a headache or a bad dream of needles and doctors, I yanked myself back into the moment that right now, everything was ok. I didn’t have to think about all that stuff. I can be with my sweet little boy right here…right now. I constantly have to remind myself to soak up these little times where life is normal and not hard. I whispered a small prayer. Thankyou. Thankyou for this amazing opportunity to be the mother of this incredibly, strong little boy. He has taught me so much and I am truly blessed to be able to walk this journey with him. I wrapped my arm around him and pulled him closer to me. This moment was forever engrained in my heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment