Tuesday, March 11, 2014

A Coach of True Champions!!!-Jessica Warren

Zayne did AMAZING!!!! He was beyond brave!! I think our family has turned a corner as a whole! I keep trying to figure out how we got here...to this point where life feels somewhat normal again...it feels as though we are finding a routine and actually leaning on the support that so many have offered us. I look back over the beginning stages of this and see the amazing support we were blessed with! I would like to leave you tonight with the words Coach Pratt spoke to Springport Schools tonight! The Wrestling coach that started it all!
"Typically at the beginning of the year we write our goals for the season and this was the first year that I took a new outlook on our season. I wasn't going to judge our season on winning. I decided to judge our season on creating good people. As those of you that know me personally, I don't like to brag or boast about individual accomplishments. In the last 15 years we have set forth a string of dominance that started ironically the year after I graduated high school that is unmatched by many teams. However, in almost 25 years of being involved with this program either as a competitor, fan, or coach all of these accomplishments don't have substance. They are just numbers to be forgotten or put on a wall to look nice and collect dust. The true reward is using our influence and good fortune to make a difference in the lives of others. I've been coaching here in some aspect for 12 years and this is the first team that I have felt we have made a difference in the lives of others through our work with Zayne Warren. It may have been my brain child to support Zayne, but this team took up a challenge with open arms to support a 3 year old boy that hadn't even met and brought awareness to this community and now throughout the entire state. When I get video messages from Jessica of Zayne wrestling with his dad on the living room floor, art projects from Zaynes older brother when I stop in to visit, and an 85lb pound steel sign, I know we have made a difference in the lives of others and that is the accomplishment that matters. We helped mold better caring people and that is what made us successful. Zayne's fight is not over and neither is ours."

No comments:

Post a Comment