Thursday, March 18, 2010

Have a little patience with me.

“Be patient with yourself”. Through all the training I have been through with Dean he is constantly telling me to be patient with myself. I am continually learning and growing, and I do love all the amazing concepts I have learned through the principals TurningLeaf teaches. I just want to learn it ALL yesterday. I see where I have grown and I just want more. At times I get impatient with my shortcomings and then I even find myself getting impatient about the fact that I still get impatient with myself. It is in those moments that I have to remind myself, that Life is not about perfection, it is about progression. Which is in fact a concept TurningLeaf teaches, and I have sincerely grown to love it. It reminds me that the valleys we sometimes find ourselves in aren’t bad. They are all just a part of the climb. The adversity we experience in the valley teaches us and gives us amazing insight into ourselves. It is because of what we learn in the valley that we truly appreciate the view from the mountaintops. So today I challenge anyone reading to have a little patience with yourself. Look at yourself honestly without judgment. In order to keep progressing we have to embrace our humanity. Stop comparing ourselves to what we think we should be. Stop belittling our accomplishments while holding a magnifying glass over our weaknesses. Everything is a stepping-stone. Even our mistakes are one step closer to our goals than just standing still. So today give yourself permission to be human and enjoy all the fascinating aspects of LIFE!

No comments:

Post a Comment