Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Lost and found

Today my daughter informed me that there was a DVD in the VCR. Yes, we have one remaining VCR. It is one of those units where the VCR and DVD player are one. I went to retrieve the DVD but it is stuck. When I pop the flap up it pulls the DVD up with it so I can’t get it out. I am thinking REALLY, a DVD in my dinosaur VCR. Well I must admit I have found worse things. Our list of lost and found goes something like this… puzzle pieces in VCR, grilled cheese in the VCR, peanut butter and jelly sandwich in the vacuum cleaner hose, (hey at least they liked to help clean right?!). Hummm, let’s see there was a dirty diaper in the trunk of a ride toy, a toy cow in the fridge, this I am sure was Josh’s way of cooling the milk ahead of time. And if you are ever hungry, there is always under the couch cushion for some snacks. I know there is more, but I can’t recall them all!

I must say when I look back at the crazy things my kids do I am truly thankful for PB&J in my VCR. It is funny stories like these that we will hold on to as parents and talk about for the rest of our lives. I am blessed to have a life so "crazy".

I would love to hear yours!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment