Thursday, June 24, 2010

Thanks for the complement, I think?!

Just the other day Michael and I were talking about our “daughter” and how she is very “reactive” in the heat of the situation. I was telling him how she was praying the other night about working on her attitude. I said, “It is so cute. She really doesn’t want to react with a ball of fury, she is just a lot like a mom; emotionally reactive!” He agreed and also pointed out how, that it is amazing how much they react to my energy if I am frustrated. Being the mature parent I am my response was “well, they start with the whining and complaining FIRST! And I react to that!” He laughed. I said, “Seriously, you don’t have to listen to it all day like I do. It gets old.” Looking at me with sweet empathetic eyes, he responded, “I know sometimes it gets rough. And don’t feel bad, your personality is good for our kids.” He paused just long enough for me to get a proud grin and my face and feel so appreciative of the complement, and then followed it up with….”Our kids have to learn how to deal with people’s attitude before they go out into the world on their own.” “Yeah! Ha ha, so funny.” I retorted with an eye roll. It was funny. And that is what I do love about my husband. He doesn’t take my faults and lecture me, or criticize me. He knows I am working on not being reactive. So when he sees me getting overwhelmed and exploding or guilt loading myself for my “explosions” he finds a way to help me laugh at my growth process. So thanks babe, I think? haha

No comments:

Post a Comment