Saturday, July 10, 2010

A day at the beach with 5 kids and 2 moms

A day at the beach with 5 kids and 2 moms sounds a lot like this….

“Yeah, the beach!” “Ok kids don’t walk on the blanket with your sandy feat.” The kids run off to play and for 15 minutes it is bliss with a random head count 1,2,3,4,5, and then comes the next 2 hours…“Mom, I’m hungry.” Head count 1,2,3,4,5. “That’s my sand toy!” “Mom, I have to go potty.” Walk all the way to the bathroom and all the way back down. OK head count 1,2,3,4,5. “Stop, don’t walk on the blaket” “Mom, the baby is messing up my river.” Oh no the baby is eating the sand. “Stop, eating the sand.” “Stop drinking the lake water.” Head count 1,2,3,4….Oh no, where is Bo, oh there he is chasing the sea gulls. “Come, back here Bo.” “No, no Bo you don’t fit in the baby floaty.” Head count 1,2,3,4,5. “Mom, I have to go potty.” Walk all the way to the bathroom and all the way back down. OK head count 1,2,3,4,5 “Josh don’t fling your sandy towel around” “Don’t stick your sandy, lake water hand into the chip bag. I’ll hand them to you.” “Wait, keep your muddy feet off the blanket, PLEASE.” Head count 1,2,3,4,5. “Go feed the sea gulls AWAY from the blanket.” “Mom, Kate is splashing me and I am trying to fish. She is scarign the fish away.” “That’s my shovel” “Mom, I have to go potty.” Walk all the way to the bathroom and all the way back down. OK head count 1,2,3,4,5 “Stop, don’t walk on the blanket.” Head count 1,2,3,4,5. “Mom, Bo is walking on my sand castle” “Mom, I’m hungry again” Mom, I have to go potty.” Walk all the way to the bathroom and all the way back down. OK head count 1,2,3,4,5

No comments:

Post a Comment