Saturday, July 3, 2010

On the way home

Wow, I can’t believe how long it has been since I have written. I was out of town last week. I got home Tues. night about midnight and have been busy every since. But I must tell you about my trip home. There were some moments I was thinking “really”, cause my kids aren’t even here. One particular I will share. I arrived to my shuttle a few minutes early and ran into the hotel to get a drink. I asked the receptionist where a drinking fountain was. She barely spoke any English so I had to repeat myself a couple of times, and she eventually sent me down the hall and to the left. When I turned the corner I saw a big vending machine. Not quite what I wanted. I was just looking for a free “sip” of water. But at this point in time I decided to pay the 2 dollars for a water bottle. So I pop in the money, hit the button and it is out. So I hit the other water button and it too came up empty. Finally I just hit the root beer button and yeah!!!!!, it was a winner. I was so thirsty, I popped the top and it started spraying me. So I quickly screwed it back on. There I was with root beer running down my arm and no kids to blame it on. I slowly let the air out of my pop and wiped my arm on my jeans and climbed into the shuttle. After we all were seated the driver asked, “would anyone like a water", as he passed back water bottles.

No comments:

Post a Comment