Tuesday, September 21, 2010

I dance like a "white" girl.

They say, “white men can’t jump” and “white men can’t dance.” Well, I dance like a “white” girl. I got these salsa dancing aerobics videos. I thought it would be fun. I keep hearing how fun Zumba is and I don’t have the time to get to the classes, so I thought I would try the videos, this way I could workout at whatever time of day worked for me. I expected to be a little clumsy at first, but it has been 2 weeks now, and I swear I do not have the same parts the girls on the video have. Either that or I need some extra grease. I would have thought that I could “shake it” but wow, these girls, I honestly don’t know how their hips don’t just fly off their legs. I was telling a friend of mine I was doing the videos and their comment was, “oooh, Michael will like that.” Yeah, I thought so too. The problem is watching me do the videos is more like slap stick comedy rather than a sensual dance. Seriously, this one move is stepping forward while supposedly shaking your caboose, and I mean SHAKING. Well, I just cannot “shake” it and walk at the same time. Sometimes I try to just get into the music even if parts are not swinging the way they should be, but I usually just end up tripping over my own two feet. Maybe I am a slow learner or maybe after a few more weeks of this I will ended up braking through what ever glue I have holding my hips in place, glue those girls on the video obviously were not born with. Time will tell. Until then at least I am getting my heart rate up, I guess that is all that matters.

1 comment:

  1. Jamie, that is so funny! I swear, though, you must be right about this. Some girls can really just "shake it" and I have no idea how! Belly dancing and hula dancing seem similarly baffling.

    ReplyDelete