Friday, September 10, 2010

I see you

In this post I will be referring to the movie Avatar. So if you haven’t seen it yet you may want to wait on reading this post.

I was dragged to the theater by my husband to see this movie, only to come out thanking him for getting me there. It really was great. But to be honest it wasn’t about he special affects for me, I am a sap for a good love story, and this certainly was. But that is not entirely what I want to talk about.

In the movie, as always, the loved one finds out the truth. Well, Jake’s girl finds out the truth of Jake’s initial deception and tells him to leave and never to come back. I love it when Jake returns riding this, well “flying thing” that they are all amazed to see him on. Jake returns after being rejected by the avatar people and his girl, he walks through the crowd and right up to her and she says, “I see You.” She said, “I was afraid before, Jake, but now I see you.” This is a line the avatar people used signifying that they truly saw eachother for who they were as if they could see into their very soul, see their thought and feel their feelings. And it hit me, how often to we REALLY see each other. How often to we look at each other and see each other for who we really are. Often times we are looking through eyes of fear responding to everyone else’s fear. We are constantly judging and setting up our preemptive strikes as to not get hurt. If we could all look into each other’s hearts and see the amazing people we are behind all the facades created in fear I believe we would all be softer with each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment