Monday, October 18, 2010

First Dance

Last Friday was my FIRST baby’s FIRST dance. I honestly can’t believe it. It is times like these I find myself going down memory lane. Thinking of his first steps his first words. The first day he walked in a slammed his briefcase on the counter and pleads his first case at the age of 4. I think of all the items we found in the VCR, like puzzle pieces and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, and now he barley knows what a VCR is. Now he is off to middle school going to dances. Soon his voice will be cracking and he will have armpit hair. Really, me with a kid who has armpit hair. How can that be, after all I am just a kid myself. I find myself wondering if I will ever FEEL old enough to have kids as old as there are. My Dad says your body grows old but in your head you always feel young. I remember when Josh was 2 and I had a friend with a 5 year old and I just couldn’t imagine myself with a 5 year old. And that came and went. Then I couldn’t imagine him turning 10, and that came and went. And then middle school arrived and now I just honestly can’t imagine myself with a son who has armpit hair and shaves his face. Really! I just can’t imagine it! And that is just the beginning, I have 4 kids. After having a son with armpit hair it will be off to the brazier section of Sears with my daughter. And then two more sets of boy pits to follow. Sound crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment