Thursday, October 7, 2010

Why we keep your kids.

Have you ever wondered why us parents keep our kids. Let’s face it there are some days I want to stick a “free to a good home” sign on there chest and stick them out by the road. I was on my way home from picking Josh up from an after school activity making it the 2 time I had been up to the school that afternoon, and we were in a hurry to get Josh home and changed and then into Eaton Rapids for his soccer practice. I had informed him that there wasn’t time for me to make dinner and he would have to have a pizza pocket before his practice. Normally, he loves pizza pockets but today that wasn’t good enough for him. He was sure it wouldn’t fill him up. And the day before I picked Kate up from her after school activity and she was complaining about something of which I don’t even remember anymore. The irony of the situations. I am working so hard to get THEM to THEIR fun activities, only to have them deplete me of any remaining energy I have with their whining. So after discussing this irony with them I let them know that I would be glad to resign as the “taxi” driver as to not have to listen to “whining” on the way home. Things got quiet after that.

But then that very night I was doing the dishes and I could here the boys laughing at their video game they were playing. I love to hear there giggles. And then I heard Kate from all the way upstairs singing at the top of her lungs to Carrie Underwood. I just had to laugh. As I cleaned I just kept listening to my kids having fun. My heart just melted with joy. It is moments like these that just make all the “exhausting” moments just fade away. And then I remember why I keep my kids. haha

No comments:

Post a Comment