Tuesday, November 23, 2010

It's like "magic"

Well, as most of you know, Bo has recently entered what I call the “Mostly Potty Trained World.” He does really well for about a week and then has an accident. And then does really well for another 4 days and then has an accident. I think we are down to about 5 accidents a month, so I am choosing to see the glass half full. Yeah, still having some accidents, but 5 a months is a lot better that 5 a day! His new thing lately is if he has an accident, he takes his pants and underwear off himself and then comes to tell me. So he comes to me with nothing on from the waste down saying, “I go acky in my pants” and I scramble to get him hoping he hasn’t left a trail of road apples along the way.

So last Friday he had gone outside to play before it was time to go to the parade. As I walked out to load my stuff into the van I saw my three year old naked from the waste down playing in the 35 degree weather. Oh my gosh. Seriously, it is time to leave so I can meet my sis-in-law by a certain time and now I need to clean Bo up and get him dressed. So I frantically accomplish that and load the kids up. On my way out the door I saw he had ditched his clothes in the corner of the garage, but I didn’t have time to get them. And by the time I got home and got the kids in bed that night, I didn’t CARE to get them. I knew Michael was cleaning the garage tomorrow and I was running errands, I was hoping they would be taken care of “magically while I was gone.

I actually forgot about them until Sunday, when I noticed them in the yard being washed by the rain. At first I thought, “Darn it I guess I better clean those up.” Then my thoughts shifted to, “Well, actually if I leave them there, after a few good hard rains, I won’t need to clean them up, I will be able to just throw them in the washer. It will be like they were “magically” taken care of. So yup, they are still in the yard. Now I just have to make sure I get them before it snows. Haha Now if that isn’t redneck, I don’t know what is. But hey, some days ya just have to let it go, if you want to stay sane anyway. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment