Monday, October 31, 2011

My sis the life coach?????

Yeah, so I was struggling today. I was just emotional and having a tough time pulling myself together. I haven’t been exercising lately and that does help a lot when it comes to clearing unnecessary stresses out of my head. But today I just wanted to go back to bed. Problem is I already went back to bed and it was now noon, and I really needed to get up. So I did what any well-trained life coach would do when needing to deal with some emotions. I called my sis and said, let’s leave the kids with boys and go get coffee! As we sat there in those chairs by a fire place listing to the clanking of spoons, the milk steamer make that weird sound it makes that should be annoying, yet I find it fun, and the blender mixing another yummy drink for someone else, I just started babbling to her about the thoughts in my brain. My thoughts of uncertainty about my marketing abilities basically. I was getting ready for an expo, and getting ready to put another parenting class together and now that I am 1 week away I started obsessing over the tasks I should have done but didn’t think to do. Talking about what a terrible marketer I am. I love being a life coach, but as for the marketing side, yeah, not really my gig. Look there I go complaining again. Anyway, I gave my sister my sob story and she so sweetly looked at me and said, ok do you just want to vent or did you want some ideas.” That’s the way my sis and I work. We know sometimes we just need to blow off some steam and then we realize it’s not worth stressing over and we move on, and sometimes we just frankly want to vent and just marinate in our misery cause we just don’t feel like moving forward for a sec, and then other times we are open for answers from others. But we are willing to be whatever the other needs us to be in the moment. So today when she asked me if I wanted help, I said yes. And then her sweet expression vanished into thin air, and this is what she said…..”Jamie, what is wrong with you? Did you hear anything I said last week? What is wrong with you? This is not what you are supposed to be doing. You are not supposed to be sitting here talking about all the things you are not good at. You know you are a good life coach so start believing you have exactly the marketing abilities you need to get you where you want to go. I told you last week that we needed to start going after what we want in life and believe positively about each step we take, and you are not listening. Was I speaking English when I said this to you or was I suddenly bilingual and accidentally slipped into another language and left you dazed and confused. Seriously, how many times do I have to say this to you.” As I stared at here laughing at her “gentle” approach, I had to agree with her. It’s like that famous saying by Henry Ford, “Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t, YOU ARE RIGHT! So what are you thinking?

1 comment:

  1. Well, as they say, no man is an island. We may not be strong all the time, and sometimes we also feel down. You're lucky you have your sister by side. It's nice that you have a wonderful relationship with your sister.

    Marty Morandi

    ReplyDelete