Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Which came first?

Which came first, the chicken or the egg? Does anyone know the answer to that question. I thought of this the other day when I pretty much forced myself to take a run. I find it ironic that exercise helps your mood and your energy level, but to exercise you have to be in the mood and have energy. So which came first the energy and mood to exercise or did the exercise bring the mood and energy. Lol Well, sometimes you just have to dive in I guess. I had been feeling down letting my mind get the best of me and I knew if I could get a work out in it would probably help subside my inclination to scream at my kids, make snide comments to my husband, and pull my own hair out of my head. So even though I had NO desire to run, I told myself just 2 songs. Ya see I run to music. Music that has a message that I am working toward in my life, so rather than try to run a mile, I just told myself to run 2 songs. And so I did, and I felt soooooo good afterwards. So what came first?….. I’d say some times it’s one and sometimes it’s the other. And sometimes when it comes to a “mood” you can’t shake, now and then you just gotta decide what comes first yourself. I am now on 2 days of exercise in a row. That along with deciding to quit letting my expectations and judgments of myself get me down, I am feeling better. Hopefully, I will keep it up for a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment