Monday, January 21, 2013

Taking in the moments!

I wonder how often moms look at their kids, grown and think about the time they had with them. My kids aren't even grown and I have those moments. Yesterday I went to my sisters house for the afternoon and let the kids play. Most of you know my kids are now 2 and 4. It was a weird feeling having ALL of our kids actually downstairs playing in the basement. It seems like for so long we were chasing after at least one if not 3 of them making sure they weren't drinking toilet water or grabbing the goldfish out of its tank, coloring on the walls or pushing buttons on the computer. Now they are all big enough that if the only 2 yr. Old we have now, gets into something he shouldn't, we hear about it. So there Jamie and I are, sitting on the couch with our coffee...talking. Without any kids around. It was a bittersweet moment. It felt incredible to be able to converse with another human without having to dig a marble out of a kids mouth but on the other hand it felt like the beginning of the end. My babies not needing mom as much. Don't get me wrong I am looking forward to all the wonderful stages life is going to bring me but it's never easy saying goodbye to one of them. (Maybe starting solid foods...yeah I could have done without that one!!) I tucked my kids into bed last night giving them both more kisses and snuggles than usual. I found myself wanting to make sure they knew before they grew up too much the magnitude of my love. But they won't ever know, until they have their own...and even then I don't think it will be as much as I love them. It just doesn't seem possible to ever put an amount on it!! After I knew they were asleep I went in their bedroom to make sure they were covered up for the night. I found myself just staring at their little faces. These little people. This mini Jake and mini Jessie have changed our lives like nothing else could. They have caused my compassion and love to hit a level I didn't think existed. They have caused my husband and I to fight more, love more, and change for the better!! These little creations of God, that he blessed me with...I am thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment