Thursday, November 28, 2013

My favorite holiday by Jamie Lightner

Thanksgiving day. It is one of my favorite holidays. I love family gatherings. I love stuffing and potatoes. And pumpkin pie. I love laughing a playing games and drinking coffee. I love both sides of my family and my honorary families. And I feel like even though I am thankful for so many things every day, that today is when we all take a moment at the same time to intentionally be thankful for what matters most...Family. I am so thankful for my husband. He is the most amazing man I know. I would not be who I am today without him. I truly feel like one of those sappy lines like "you comeplete me" Jerry Mcguire) or "I would miss u if I never met u"(Wedding Date) or "Hey Goose ya big stud....take me to bed or lose me forever"(Top Gun) or "You should be kissed, and often, and by someone who knows how"(Gone with the Wind) I must admit, I am a sap, and he is my hero. When I am with him I feel like the girl in my favorite chick flicks. I am thankful for my amazing kids. They amaze me everyday. And even though they have each spent their time on eBay, I really wouldn't trade them for the world. They make me laugh and make me proud. I am thankful for my mom, I will always cherish the feel of her hand on my forehead when was sick. Wheather i was a kid or now as an adult. Even as hopped up on drugs as I was I have a blurry memory of her hand on my forehead and her kiss she planted on my cheek. I am thankful for my Dad and his ability to see the impossible. He inspires me to chase my dreams! He also taught me not to sweat the small stuff. "Jamie" he'd say. "Don't sweat the small stuff...and it's all small stuff!" I am thankful for Micahels family. I have been with them for so long I feel like I am there own. I love the Holidays when all the siblings can come and we are all together. I know if I ever was in a bind they would be there. I am so thankful for my sister. She is my "person" (Grey's Anatomy). She knows what I am going to say before I say it. When I call her because I'm about to have a mental breakdown she can tell just by the way I say "Hi". All our lifer people have asked us if we are twins and at this point in our life I think we might be Siamese twins. I am so thankful for my brother-in-law, Jake. He is so great with my kids. He loves goofing off with them and yet is so protective of them, always making sure they are safe. I am so thankful my sister has him. He is exactly what she needed. And I am so thankful for the strength he has been to her with all they have endured with Zayne. I am thankful for my little nephews. And especially thankful that Zayne's tumor is shrinking. And I am thankful for all my friends who love and support me, even after they REALLY know me. Lol At the end if this day dedicated to being "Thanksful". I feel so blessed. So blessed I can literally feel a warm spot in my heart. Days like today remind me that know matter what I go through in life there will always be enough to be thankful for to warm my heart. 'Cause I will always have those who love me. Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Count your blessing and let them warm your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment