Wednesday, January 22, 2014

If you believe a word I say...by Jamie Lightner

Well, tonight is a post gearing up for our next Seminar. As some of you may know I am a Life Coach with TurningLeaf Seminars. About 8 years ago now, I was at a rough time in my life. To be more open than I really want to be right now, but still find myself typing, I was about to go get medication from the doctor to help with depression. When I felt God prodding me to attend a seminar, I argued with him and even gave him an ultimatum. I remember it like it was yesterday. I was standing at my kitchen stove cooking dinner.
“God!” I said, with as much sass as you can imagine.
“I’ll go to this seminar on ONE condition!!!”
Yup, I was bargaining with God. Lol
“If this dumb seminar doesn’t help I’m going to the doctor next week!!”
Well that dumb 3 day seminar that gave me more keys to myself and enjoying my wonderful life than I could possibly imagine. I went through hoping to find a way out of my depression and came out with much more.
If you like what you have read, and if you believe a word I say, I ask you to check out the past blogs, check out the website www.turningleafwellnesscenter.com, and my website, www.JamieLightner.com. It took my depression to get me to this seminar, had I not been through the rough times, I would have never thought I needed it. But I found freedoms in the principles I learned in that seminar, I wish I had years before I even thought my life would get turned upside down.
One of the principles taught in the seminars is to change the way you see yourself. This is a concept I often refer to in my blogs as accepting your humanity. During the seminar Dean asks this question that I now ask in all my presentations. “If your friend talked to you the way YOU talk to you, How long would you stay friends?”
So I just ask you to just take a look and ask yourself. “Would I like to change the way I see myself?” “Would I like to be more patient with myself, and my kids?” “Would I like to wake up in the morning, and look in the mirror and be totally content with who you see looking back at you?”
I am sorry if I am beginning to sound like an infomercial. I just want to give everyone the same amazing experience I have had.
And here is the Link to the up coming seminar February 27, 28, & March 1st February 27, 2014 - March 1, 2014: Level One "Wakening" Seminar - Register Now February 26, 2014: Boundaries Workshop - Register Now Previous Blogs such as, “I am human and I bleed”(September 2010), “My humanity when will I accept it”(May 2011), “Who wins the great battle”(February 1011), “Risk(December 2010), “I am human, and that’s ok”(August 2010), “Being Vulnerable”(June 2010), “Why not trusts myself” (April 2010). These all reflect some of the principles I gained from TurningLeaf.

No comments:

Post a Comment